Here’s how 14 different celebrity-driven Coachella parties on Weekend 1 (Thurs Apr 12-Sun Apr 15) got reduced by the gossip weeklies:
- People Magazine - nothing* (*quick flip through, might have missed)
- US Weekly - 2 party photos (Kellan Lutz@Neon Carnival, Josh Jackson/Diane Kruger@LaCoste), 1 text sighting (Aaron Paul@Guess Hotel)
- In Touch - 1 page of 4 Coachella photos total (3 unbranded from concert grounds, 1 of Lea Michele @ LaCoste)
- Life & Style - 1x party photo (Connor Cruise @Hard Rock House), 1x cocktail photo recipe inset fr Hennessey/Details event, text sightings X2 (Josh Hutcherson@GuessHotel, Mischa Barton@Lexus/Tinto dinner in Saguaro Hotel)
- Star - 2 page photo spread of general Coachella grounds, including 1x photo Emma Roberts/Chord Overstreet bumpercars @Neon Carnival (Seth Browarnik’s photo), 1x photo Vanessa Hudges@GuessHotel
80-90% of the coverage was celeb candids on the actual festival grounds.
<—Picture that appeared in nearly all weeklies.
2nd most placed photo/variation of same couple —>
Source: Weeklies that hit newstands Wed, Apr 18, all with Brad/Angelina engagement as their cover story, and issue date Apr 30, 2012.
Disclaimer: Obvious comparison interest and bias as a digital party columnist whose coverage came out 3 days earlier.
Party Report w/ Mikey Glazer